The benefits of solar heating are well known – energy from the sun costs nothing, meaning you can obtain as much as 90% of your hot water requirements for free! And while you’re reducing your power bill, you’re helping the environment.
Our systems are built to withstand the harshest conditions and represent new levels of efficiency, cost saving and reliable hot water, all year round.
Active Systems (AS) – also known as Split Systems – are usually installed when visual impact is to be kept to a minimum or the roof structure is not able to hold a tank. Our AS system is a high efficiency solar water heater with roof mounted collectors and a ground standing storage tank.
(TS) series is a simple and innovative thermosiphon design.
In the open circuit model, water is circulated through the system using the principle of convection, whereby hot water rises up through the collectors into the tank and is replaced by cold water in a continuous cycle. _________________________________________________________________________________
Australis Solar have partnered with Apricus Australia, Australia’s leading evacuated tube solar hot water supplier. Together we aim to provide solar hot water systems that are of the highest quality, competitively priced, and all backed by superior after-sales service and warranties.
Why is Apricus the first choice for solar hot water?
• 15-Year warranty on roof collectors
• 15-Year warranty on stainless steel storage tanks
• 10-Year warranty on glass lined storage tanks
• Lightweight, no cranes or re-enforcing required
• Frost protected, without the use of glycol
Apricus solar hot water systems are suitable for use in a number of applications including: residential hot water, commercial hot water, under-floor and hydronic heating (whole-home heating), large-scale pool heating and more.
Stiebel Eltron Hot Water Heat Pumps are engineered and manufactured in Germany and are specifically designed for Australian conditions to provide reliable and energy efficient hot water.
The Heat Pump works through utilising the ambient air temperature (thermal energy) and converting this to usable energy to create hot water. A heat pump essentially works in a similar way to a refrigerator, only in reverse. The only primary energy used in this process to heat water, is to run the compressor and fan.
The advantages of this technology is in the benefit of being able to generate up to a 68% hot water energy use saving when compared to an electric storage hot water system*.
* Energy reduction of up to 68% when compared with a conventional electric water heater as per Government approved thermal performance simulation modelling for Zone 3.
Why choose the Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump?
• Air Solar System utilises energy from the environment
• Lowest power draw of all hot water heat pump units at only 2.3amps
• 300 litre tank with one of the highest deliveries of hot water for a heat pump
• Single piece design for easy installation
• Active defrost function to assist operation in cold climates
• 5 years warranty for cylinder and condenser, 2 years for the sealed refrigeration system, including compressor, evaporator, valves and associated pipe work and 1 year for all other componentry (electrical) for domestic installations.